pair of snowmobiles parked in snow

Have your adventure without risking it all.

The thrill of ATVs, snowmobiles, and even golf carts is that they break convention. They allow us to travel to new places, in new ways. The risks associated with riding off-road vehicles, for some, are part of the fun. However, accidents happen, theft happens, and your homeowners policy likely won’t cover any of it, especially if you’re riding outside your own property. With Off-road Vehicle insurance you can get the peace of mind you need to let loose and have fun.

What Vehicles Are Covered

As the name suggests, sport and leisure vehicles serve a variety of purposes, from more adventurous rides through the woods and dirt tracks to basic transportation. Vehicles eligible for off-road coverage include:

  • Snowmobiles
  • All Terrain Vehicles, or ATVs
  • Utility Task Vehicles, or UTVs (4- to 6-wheelers)
  • Golf Carts
  • Dirt Bikes
  • Dune Buggies
  • Mopeds

If you use a trailer to transport any of these vehicles, that should also be insured and will need to be registered with the RMV.

Two quad bike riders in helmets travels in forest
Two people with helmets riding in a buggy all terrain vehicle

Types of Coverage

There’s a lot of flexibility when it comes to insurance coverage for off-road vehicles:

  • Collision covers your vehicle when damaged in a collision with objects like fences and utility poles or with other vehicles, regardless of who is at fault.
  • Property damage liability protects you in the event your off-road vehicle use has caused damage to someone else’s property.
  • Bodily injury liability will kick in should you be liable for someone else’s injuries during the operation of your sport vehicle. It could help cover the injured party’s medical bills.
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage protects you in case an uninsured off-road operator causes injury to you.
  • Safety Apparel Coverage offers some financial protection in the event your safety gear, such as helmets, goggles, and pads, get damaged in an accident.
  • Comprehensive covers your off-road vehicle for incidents other than collision, such as theft, fire, or hail damage, or if you hit an animal.

Learn More About Protections

Off-road vehicle insurance is not required in Massachusetts, but it is in many other places, so be sure to check local laws before bringing your sport vehicle with you on vacation. If you would like to learn more about the coverage options available to you, contact Banas & Fickert Insurance Agency at 413-527-2700. We can help your ride with more confidence.